HP Touchpad Or Trackpad Stops Working Intermittently
HP4540s Trackpad Sticks or Becomes Unresponsive
My Hewlett Packard 4540s laptop's Synaptics touchpad becomes unresponsive. Trackpad movement is jerky and sticks. The problem seems worse on humid days or after extended periods of use.
How I Fixed It Under Windows 7
- Open the Start menu
- Search programs and files: change mouse settings.
- Click change mouse settings.
- The Mouse Properties window opens (a).
- Click the Synaptics Device Settings tab.
- Highlight Synaptics LuxPad Vx.x on PS/2 Port.
- Press the Settings... button.
- A new Properties window opens (b).
- Click PalmCheck-Enhanced in the left menu area.
- Click the Settings Cog (it appears in the highlighted PalmCheck-Enhanced list item).
- The PalmCheck-Enhanced settings window opens (c).
- Slide the PalmCheck slider to off.
- Click the Close button (window c).
- Click the Apply button in the window below (window b).
- Click OK, the window closes (window b).
- Click OK in the Mouse Properties window (window a).
Available Wiki Topics
The operator of this site makes no claims, promises, or guarantees of the accuracy, completeness, originality, uniqueness, or even general adequacy of the contents herein and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website.